Whenever we hear someone mention the word “chandelier,” the images that immediately shoot up inside our minds could be something such as this: the rich and famous, tuxedos, large estates and mansions, and elegant ballroom parties. The main reason these specific things spring to mind is these familiar lighting fixtures possess and convey those traits.
Numerous is these fixtures of elegance don’t need to just belong in an expensive castle, because these too can be installed is likely to home, giving any house the air of luxury and elegance. However, since buying crystal chandeliers for your home could be a big purchase, you will have to ensure that you are doing everything possible to get the most effective and most alluring one.
Buying crystal chandeliers for your home could add to making your home more elegant; however improper handling and cleaning would surely erase its luster and won’t give you the elegance and allure you expected.
Chandelier Purchase Tips
It could be good to keep in mind when buying light fixtures like these, is to keep in mind that you’re also investing in a status symbol. It also helps to get ready yourself for the expenses required when buying one, since they will be not cheap and it could be easy to get caught up in the frenzy of upscale-priced competition.
Though sometimes maybe it’s tempting, just try to purchase the ones you may afford. Do not allow reputation these bring to your home meddle with your own personal sense of style, especially as it pertains to size. The very best move you possibly can make is to make sure that the chandelier is in proportion with how big the room.
Unfortunately, bigger is usually better. Usually, whenever a homeowner installs a smaller model, the room itself swallows it down, dwarfing what’s supposed to be an extraordinary decorative lighting fixture. However, don’t get overly enthusiastic, and do not allow size dictate your preferences.
Crystal Chandelier Installation Tips
Proper Installing crystal chandelier requires careful consideration to detail. Since chandeliers tend to be heavier and more ornately designed than other kinds of lighting, it is imperative that you properly perform these steps.
– Verify and check the weight of your new chandelier. If it nearly matches the weight of your present lighting fixture, do not replace the ceiling junction box. However, if the chandelier is heavier than your present fixture, purchase and use a junction box that may support the chandelier’s weight.
– Disconnect the ability plug linked to the chandelier. Make use of a circuit tester to verify the electricity is off.
– Remove the old light fixture. Note how the fixture was installed and mark the wires with tape.
– Attach the hardware from the new chandelier to the mounting strap. If you have no mounting strap, try to set up one.
– Screw the mounting strap to the junction box.
– Once you’ve twisted the wires from the new chandelier to the ceiling wires, twist on wire nuts clockwise.
– Follow the manufacturer’s manual in the installation process.
– If you’re installing the chandelier in a dining room or kitchen, ensure the chandelier hangs at the least thirty inches above any table you may place under it. Your chandelier should measure twelve inches less in diameter than the width of the table.